BAAF congratulated the winners of the National Adoption Week Awards at a special ceremony held in London on 05 November. Nominees from across the UK competed in 6 individual categories.
- Local Authority Adoption Service of the Year – Four4Adoption Consortium: Trafford, Stockport, Tameside and Cheshire East
- Voluntary Adoption Service of the Year – FACTS (Fostering and Adoption Consultation and Therapeutic Support) by Parents & Children Together (PACT), London and Thames Valley
- Social Worker of the Year – Rosemary Wolfson, Coram, London
- Adoption Champion of the Year - Avril Head and Karen McKeller
- Adoption Supporter of the Year – Sumir Karayi (1E)
Alan Wood, BAAF’s Deputy Chief Executive, said: “The National Adoption Week Awards are a great opportunity to recognise all the fantastic work being carried out by adoption social workers and their agencies throughout the UK and to thank everyone who supports adoption and BAAF”.
Broadcaster and BAAF Patron Nicky Campbell hosted the evening and Children's Minister Edward Timpson MP attended as a special guest. Those shortlisted, along with their nominees, were also invited to join in the celebrations.
A huge thank you to Net Natives, Social Media Marketing & Facebook Advertising Agency, who are sponsoring Social Worker of the Year award.